Highlights of Important Study Rules & Regulations
Students should read the ECMIT Academic Catalog and learn about the programs, study plans and study rules and regulations in details. The catalog is available on the college website and in print in the library. The following are the highlights of important policies:
Admission and Application Fees :
AED 3000.00. Out of this only the TOEFL fee AED 600.00 will be reimbursed if a student withdraws within the 7 days of being admitted. The rest is non-refundable.
Students need to register according to the registration date. Meet with their advisor or an admissions officer to learn about the date and fill up the registration form. If the date is missed there is an additional fee of AED 500/- A Late Registration fine.
Tuition Fees Payment:
Fees mus be paid on time. Options are available for to pay in (a) monthly instalments, (b) three equal installments (c) total amount upfront. Students should contact the Accounts Office for details or students can check the dates for installment payments in academic calendar in the Academic Catalog. The fine for late payment after the due date is AED 500/-. To avoid this fine a student should pay their fees on time.
Withdrawal and Tuition Fees Refund:
- If students want to withdraw from a course or from the whole program, they must fill up the Withdrawal Form, get their advisor to sign it and then submit it to the registrar’s office
- 50% tuition fee is refunded if a student withdraws in the first week from the start date of classes
- No tuition fee refund is made after the first week
If a student is asked to withdraw as a result of a disciplinary action, tuition fees will not be refunded.
ADD / DROP
- You may add and drop a course in the first two weeks of the classes
- The full tuition fee is adjusted if a student wants to take another course during ADD –DROP period but no cash refund will be made
- 70% attendance is required for all classes. If you have reasons to miss classes, fill up Leave Of Absence Form (available in student development office or on the desks in the main lobby) with supporting evidence and get the dean’s approval. Students will not be allowed to take mid-term and/or final exams if their attendance falls below 70%. Students may discuss this issue with the manager of student development or the dean of academic affairs
- 20% of marks are allocated for class attendance and class participation. Therefore, attend classes to take advantage of this benefit
- If students are attending a class in which their name is not on the class list they must check with the check with the registrar
- Students must enter the classroom within 15 minutes of the start of a class, and not leave in between. Mobiles must be on silent inside classrooms
Continuous Assessment & Grade Incomplete “I”
Students are required to do assignments, quizzes, mid-term and final examinations for each course according to dates set by their teacher.
- Assignments that are due before the mid-term exams must be completed by mid-term examination and assignments due before the final exam must be completed by the date of final examination
- A grade of Incomplete “I” will be recorded if students fail to complete assessment requirements and if the teacher thinks that they have a reasonable to chance to pass the course
- Reasons for missing assessments must be provided to the teacher in writing. Students need to check with their teacher how they can remove an I grade. All “I” grades automatically become “F” at the end of next semester
- If a student is not satisfied with their grades, they may fill in a Grade Appeal Form within 2 weeks of the results being published; pay a Grade Appeal Fee of AED 50/- to the accountant and submit the form along with the payment receipt it to the registrar’s office
Re-sit examinations are conducted for mid-term and final examinations if a student has taken these exams, and has scored below “C” in any of these examinations. Students have to pay a fee of AED 350/- per each re-sit exam. The maximum grade obtainable on the re-sit is “C”.
If an exam is missed any of the mid-term or final exams, students have to make a written request to re-do the exams with valid reasons. If the reasons are acceptable,they will have to pay a missed exam fee of AED 350/-..
Students may repeat up to 3 courses in which they have failed or received a D grade. They will pay the full tuition fees in each case. The new grade received will be used for calculation of the GPA.
Change of Address/ Mobile Number:
Students must inform the registrar’s office of any address, mobile number or name change as soon as possible.