The Student Council shall operate within the laws of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and follow procedures established and /or adopted by ECMIT
The Board of Members
The board members will consist of the four members of the executive board (president, vice-president, treasurer, and secretary) and twelve members of the committees (Academics, Marketing, Sports, IT and Editorial, and Events). All senior representatives of the council must carry at least 30 credit hours. All candidates must have an overall grade point standing of 2.00 at the time of the election. It is highly recommended that candidates for president be prior members of the council. The members of the board shall be elected and voting shall be conducted by secret ballot.
Section One: The Executive Board
Each member of the executive board shall be elected for one academic year by the elections committee based on good academic performance and leadership skills. The executive board would comprise of a president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer.
Section Two: The Committees
The following standing committees have been deemed necessary to the proper functioning of the student council:
- Academic Committee: Responsible for addressing academic concerns. The Academic Committee shall work with the manager, student development for peer tutoring, Internships and any other academic concern of the students and shall operate with the faculty forum as deemed necessary
- Events Committee: Responsible for maintaining communication among the chairpersons of the clubs and the student council, as well as making recommendations to the student council about organizing events. The events committee shall meet with the club advisors or the club leaders as deemed necessary by the events committee chairperson(s) or by the president
- Marketing Committee: Responsible for acquiring potential sponsors for the events planned by the events committee. The committee shall work in accordance with the IT committee as well as the Events Committee in promoting events in the form of various kinds of advertisements in and outside college
- Sports Committee: Responsible for organizing sports events on an intra and intercollegiate level
- Information Technology and Editorial Committee: Responsible for providing a database of possible future events and designing posters and pamphlets for them. Shall coordinate with the Marketing and Events Committee. The editorial team shall be responsible for publishing the student magazine on a half-yearly basis.
The Elections Committee
The Elections Committee shall be composed of the president of the college, the managers and the division chairs. The committee regulates the elections and disperses information regarding the candidates to the student body. Statements released concerning candidates shall be data-based. The Election Committee shall be responsible for nominating students for elections to the executive board and the independent committee chairpersons.
However, assistants to the chairperson of the committees can stand for elections without being nominated. The elections are conducted according to the election code of the student council as stated in the Student Council Constitution.